Sunday, March 25, 2007

Kasidi's puppies

Sunday 25th March

On my walk throught the woods this morning, Lela disappeared for a while, as this is quite normal for all of the dogs, I was not unduly concerned. Then, in the distance, I noticed her coming towards me with something dangling from her mouth. At first I thought It was a stick, then I noticed It was moving in a strange way. As she approached I realised that she had the foreleg of a deer in her mouth and mighty proud she was too. I decided to abandon the walk as I did not want to come accross a dead deer in the path.

As the other dogs approached, they went to great effort to steal her prized possession and for some time she ran them ragged as they chased after her. Eventually, her dad, Brewster managed to steal It from her and to my knowlege he devoured the whole leg. Now I have to watch out to see if he is able to digest It, but somehow I think he will be ok.

The puppies are too adorable but I learned a lesson on Friday. When I went into them on Friday morning, six of them were minus their collars. Normally, I would be fairly confident at identifying them at this stage of their little lives but the collars have clearly made me lazy as I have to admit that I really struggled to work out who was who. I re-newed them to the best of my ability and had to rely on Olivia, my daughter,coming home from school later that day to see If I had got It right. I didn't do too bad, getting Macbeth and Puck mixed up.

I have asked Mark If he can alter the blog so discussion can take place openly. At the moment all comments can only be seen by me and this seems to defeat the obect of having a blog. It would have been very useful to have been able to discuss the dog food re-call and maybe discuss the pro's and cons of the BARF diet. So fingers crossed, we will have to wait and see what he comes up with as this, is, after all, new to us both.

I was reminded by a local farmer the other day that there are infact five seasons in Upstate New York. Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and the mud season and boy, are we in the mud season. On top of all of the melting snow, we are having to put up with rain as well. I do wonder(only sometimes) why we chose New York and not somwhere nice and dry like Arizona.

We are going to take new pictures of the puppies now but might have to wait until DSL arrives tomorrow before we can use them.

Hi Rosie. I've changed some things for the blog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rosie

I've changed the blog a bit to allow more comments

Rosiethross said...

What changes have you made?