Thursday, March 22, 2007

Kasidi's puppies

Thursday 22nd March

I think we are all very concerned by the recall of dog food that we expect to be safe for our dogs. I tend to be very practical in my thinking at times such as these, but having a litter of puppies and seeing the names of brands that I use, in the recall list,made me very cautious and I made enquiries at the store where I purchase my dogfood..

I am using Hills Science diet (dry) as the mainstay of my puppies diet, but to that I add raw mince beef/turkey and canned puppy chicken on occasions and of course It is the tins/pouches that are suspect. My research indicates that I have nothing to worry about but thats not to say I am not worrying. What is annoying, is to discover that all of these premium dog foods come out of the same factory and that the recipes are basically the same. I feel I have been taken in by successful marketing campaigns believing that more expensive foods are better. Now I am not so sure. More disturbing though, is the company that manufactures these products still do not know the cause of the problem.

The puppies are currently running a riot in my living room while Brewster and Raiza have run for cover and are are up stairs with me as I type.

They continue to grow and change almost daily and Kasidi is in control of how much she wants them to suckle. She allows them to take off the pressure of her bulging teats and thats about It.

We got news yesterday that we are at long last getting DSL so with a bit of luck, up loading pictures of the puppies will be easier. We are experiencing problems with photos at the moment so apologies for not up dating the website.

Hopefully the snow will soon be gone and the ground dry enough for the puppies to venture outside and I can get back into the routine of walking my dogs through the woods.

No comments: