Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Kasidi's puppies

Tuesday 6th March

I think I understand why Kasidi is behaving the way she is. She is a very loving mum but the puppies are now very demanding and quite aggressive in their desire for milk and I think Kasidi is afraid of them. She will go into the box while they are asleep and clean up after them but as soon as they wake up , she is out of there. They really are force to be reckoned with and I can empathise with her.So, it is lots of positive reinforcement and encouragement.

Mark got up during the night and lay on the sofa for a couple of hours, so I got a good nights sleep and Kasidi was forced to stay with her pups.

This evening was another milestone in that the puppies responded to my voice when I joined them in the whelping box. They were all fast asleep, then suddenly they all jumped up and came towards me when I spoke to them. So they are now able to hear as well as see a little. The fun starts from now on.

Brewster was protective towards his puppies today. Alex, my 17 year old son came home with a couple of friends and as they headed towards the puppies, Brewster stood in front of the box and emitted a low grumble. I really do believe he knows they are his pups.

Ruby was allowed into the box this evening. Kasidi allowed her to lick the puppies while they were feeding, so again another milestone. It will be lovely when all of the dogs can hang out with the puppies as Raiza is also very loving towards them. Its just Lela who is a little unsure, but she is only a baby herself.

Mark goes back to the UK tomorrow, so It will be a sad day for everyone.

No comments: