Monday, March 5, 2007

Kasidi's puppies

Monday 5th of March

Well, the tape worked but I'm afraid that during the night, Kasidi resorted back to her old ways and lay on the sofa or in front of the woodburning stove while her puppies were screaming to be fed. I am so upset that she has decided to behave in this manner as it really does make very tiring work for everyone.

I was up during the night about 4 times and she was not happy at being forced to go in the box to feed her puppies, my daughter got up a couple of times and so did my husband. He goes back to England on Wednesday, so at least his sleep will be guarenteed in a couple of days.

I know I keep going on about sleep or in this instance the lack of It, but if one gets a good nights sleep, one can face anything during the day and we are all so tired right now. The weather is truly appaling outside in that we have winds around 40 mph that are blowing snow and causing huge drifts on top of the drifts we already have. I have to remind myself that some breeders have to feed all of their puppies when something goes terribly wrong, so I know It could be a lot worse.

I cut all of the puppies nails today as they had quickly become very sharp and this can be quite painful for Kasidi. This will need to be kept up now until the puppies leave to go to their new homes.

They do seem to be much quieter during the day, I am wondering if Kasidi's milk quality drops off towards the end of the day and this is the reason they are so whiney at night. So this evening I will try Kasidi with a high energy supplement and see if thats make any difference.

No comments: