Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Kasidi's puppies

Wednesday 14th March

The puppies continue to do well as does their mum. Today is so warm that I was able to open the utility room door to let the sun shine in and It was just lovely. The snow drift outside the door is now only about 4 feet, so we may able to get out of their by next week but more snow is forecast for this weekend. Of course the downside is my dogs are paddeling in mud all over the place, so today I am either cleaning up after the dogs or the pups. Still, It is a labour of love.

My washing machine and dryer is constantly on the go as I do like to use the synthetic sheepskin for the puppies. Most of them are attempting to toilet on the newspaper which is good.

The identity collars are turning out to be really useful as I can identify puppies immediately as they display their personality traits. Macbeth is the one who is standing out at the moment, he is built like a tank and bulldozes his way around.

Ariel is still the biggest puppy and again It is obvious why this is so. When I first introduced them all to raw mince, where most pups sniffed the meat, she wolfed It down and when I first put down their milky cereal she was able to lap immediately. She seems to have this built in mechanism to survive.

No puppy can be described as the runt of the litter as they are all pretty equal. They are now begining to play with one another which makes them a delight to watch but boy are they time wasters. It is so hard to tear myself away from them.

Mark was in Amsterdam yesterday but he has promised to update the website with more recent pictures and I would like to get more individual ones up as well as they have changed so much since last week.

No comments: