Sunday, April 18, 2010

Motsi's puppies.

Sunday 18th April

Last night was a poor one, at some point, It seemed all of the puppies had a period of crying and by 4am this morning I was almost crying myself because I was so tired. To date I have not caught up on all of the sleep i missed from earlier in the week and tiredness can make everything seem monumental when in realty It is not. As I type, all of the puppies are very settled and content, reminds me of the baby that sleeps all day and cries all night.

I have just weighed the puppies and their weight gain is excellent.All have gained around 7 ounces since birth so that leaves me to think the puppies are crying because the food I am feeding Motsi is not agreeing with them. They are all well hydrated and the whelping box is nice and warm...Motsi was not impressed when her breakfast this morning was her usual dog kibble titvated by a little canned tuna. She turned her nose up at It at first but later she returned to It and ate It.

All of the puppies are accounted for, even lela's who are due on Wednesday.

Here's hoping for a better night tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rosie,
I know how you feel! Those memories are all too fresh in my mind, Chase is still waking for a bottle three times a night. I hope Lela is doing well and the puppies look gorgeous. good luck
Megan