Friday, April 9, 2010

Motsi

Friday 9th April.

Motsi went for her X Ray yesterday and even though she had a full stomach and bowel we saw 9 puppies and my vet said there were most probably more. She is looking extremely rotund and I would not be surprised if there are more.


I originally expected puppies to arrive around the 14th of April but I suspect they could arrive sooner. As per my routine I took Motsi's temperature this morning and was surprised to see It had already dropped, this, together with the fact she has lost her appetite are signs that the onset of labour could be imminent. I think maybe Sunday/Monday.

The whelping box will come out tomorrow and then we really are in puppy mode. At the moment Motsi is lying with her mum and grandma. I am wondering if they know their baby is about to have her first litter.

No comments: