Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ruby's Puppies

Wednesday 8 th Of August.

Yesterday and today I put the puppies outside in a fenced area mainly to escape the fly's as they are driving us all crazy. At least outside the constant breeze seems to keep them away from the puppies.

I cut the pups nails again yesterday as they had very quickly become little razors, I like to think It will get them used to having their nails cut but sadly in my case and as far as my dogs are concerned this one little grooming measure has become a nightmare and I know I am the one to blame. Kasidi will howl out at the sight of a pair of nail clippers before they get anywhere near her toes. So please prospective puppy owners get into a routine of getting your dogs nails cut preferably on a weekly basis, even if they do not need it, just touch the nails with clippers and then reward with a treat.

We have those screens up at the doors to keep out the bugs, last year Raiza damaged one of them as he was always whining to come in but the other day he went one better, he just took a run and barged right through, so now we have a screen with huge tear in it that lets all of the bugs in. Raiza has never been very subtle.

The puppies could be independent of Ruby now if Ruby wished as they are very adept at eating and drinking. It is lovely to see them outside in the fresh air with the big dogs guarding them, something very novel for me as I am used to winter puppies and cleaning up is so much easier.

No comments: