Friday, August 10, 2007

Ruby

Friday 10th Of August.

I managed to get ruby in to the vets for 10.30 this morning which was a relief and yes she has mastitis. The doctor prescribed Clavamox 5oomg twice daily for 2 weeks and I am to put warm towels on the affected area 3 times day to encourage the removal of pus. She did not have a temperature and overall is not sick so hopefully we have caught this just in time. She is now back with her pups who are relieving the pressure from her swollen milk glands. I am gradually weaning them off of Ruby who up till now has done a superb job with her pups.

The puppies will not be able to go outside today as we are forecast rain all day, which is a shame as they are much better off outside. All of the dogs were wet through after there walk this morning so It is rather "pongy" in my mud room and utility room.

I am confident that Ruby will be ok, I was a little panicked last night, but the fact her temperature is normal ,is, I think, a good sign.

No comments: