Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lela's puppies


Sunday 2nd May.

Lela is much more comfortable about leaving her puppies now and looks forward to the walk in the morning. She disgraced herself today by rolling in something truly disgusting and was quite puzzled when I wouldn't let her into her lovely clean box with fresh smelling sheepskin. She was promptly hosed down. I love my dogs to bits but their fascination for all things putrid, whether they ingest It or roll in It is sometimes hard to tolerate.

I clean the boxes twice daily and wash the sheepskins so I am quite grateful the weather is much warmer as they can be put on the line to dry.

Lela's puppies are easy peasy, the smaller litter size makes a huge difference to both me and Lela. I never have to worry about there being few teats for the pups and the load is easier on Lela too.

There nails have grown incredibly in just one week so they will be cut this afternoon.

The picture today is of Elijah, a lovely boy who I think is going to be very similar to the 2 boys from Lela's litter last year, Murray and Cadbury.

No comments: