Monday, April 7, 2008

Ruby and Kasidi

Monday 7th April

As most people who read this blog will know Ruby was not supposed to have a litter of puppies and she will be spayed later on in the year but the way she carries her puppies is quite incredible. She really is not very big at all when compared to Kasidi but the X Ray taken this afternoon confirmed she is carrying 9 puppies.

On the other hand, Kasidi, who is enormous, has nine maybe 10 puppies but looks like she is carrying 15.

Both of the dogs were impeccably behaved, I was very proud of them. They are wonderful examples of their breed. There was a young boxer in the waiting room with "issues" and they just ignored him. They are now lying on the deck sunbathing.

My only concern is they have both lost their appetite and they both appear fed up but I can relate to that as I think the last week of any pregnancy is tiring for anyone or any thing.

I am now worrying about ridges, dermoid, and anxious that all of the puppies will have a safe delivery into the world. I know I have been very lucky in that so far I have never had a puppy with a sinus and the ridges in all of my litters have been very good. I read somewhere the more litters you have, the more you worry because you are more aware of all of the things that can go wrong. This so true in my case.

The next step for me is to start recording their body temperature as a drop is the first indication of the onset of labour.

No comments: