Thursday, April 17, 2008

Puppies

Thursday 17th April.

It is very similar to having a newborn baby right now in that no matter what time I go to bed I can guarantee that two hours later I will be woken up by the puppies and that pattern continues throughout the night. It is always a puppy left behind in the box at feeding time and It is always Kasidi's puppy. Ruby however has eleven puppies and I never hear a murmur out of them at all.

Today I weighed all of the puppies and they are all gaining nicely , Kasidi's puppies are particularly rotund and some of them are as big as Ruby's. Viao is 2lb. 4oz as is Sawyer but most impressive is Air who now weighs 1lb.6oz.

All of the collars were replaced as they were already becoming too tight. I have decided for ease of identification Ruby's male pups will wear white collars and the girls orange and Kasidi's males will wear blue and the girls pink.

I noticed this evening that Cairo's eyes are showing the first signs of opening which is very exciting as I always see this as the first milestone.

I apologise for the lack of photos but my daughter has the camera in Spain right now(ours has seen the better light of day) I also hope I am not repeating myself but I can always blame that on tiredness.

Kasidi's pups are already looking much lighter, Its amazing how dark they are at birth and then how quickly the colour fades. The top of the head is always a good indication of the true colour of the puppy.

Motsi is showing great interest
and has already ventured into Ruby's whelping box under very tentative supervision of course. Raiza is also showing mild interest in the puppies but Brewster is completely ignoring them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww.....they are adorable, thanks for posting some pictures :)