Thursday, April 10, 2008

Puppies

Thursday 10th April.

Wednesday was the day I was going to start taking Ruby's temperature, more for a benchmark so I could detect a change. When the reading came out at 97.3 I knew we were on our way. On the walk yesterday she was rooting around in the leaves but she always does this a couple of days before she has her puppies and I just took it as normal behaviour for her. The drop in temperature took me by surprise but I knew I had plenty of time, in my mind I thought they would come sometime today.

The first puppy, a girl called Nairobi arrived at 3am this morning. Puppy number 7 a boy was born @ 6.30. We have 3 girls and four boys, one boy has an extra crown and the rest of the pups have beautiful ridges. I want Ruby to deliver the remaining 2 pretty quickly as It is now 8am and this is the largest gap. She is pushing now.

No comments: