Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ranger

Tuesday 16th October.

I feel comfortable leaving Ranger outside with other dogs today, he has acquainted himself with the pigs and is now laid back with the chickens. He has barked at the cows a few times but they are bigger than him and he is not stupid.

A couple of times yesterday he showed signs of wanting to be my protector, he can be asleep one minute then be barking the next if someone enters the room, he let out a low groan this morning when he heard the kids getting up for school .He is fine when he realises whats what but I do not wanting him feeling he has to look out for me, so he will now sleep and hang out with the dogs all of the time. Hopefully he will realise It is not his responsibility to look out for me, he will become an insubordinate member of the pack.

I must do some reading on over protectiveness as I am no expert but I constantly strive to understand the behaviour of my dogs.

The other dogs are looking good and behaving very well, Motsi, given the opportunity, will chew anything in sight. She really has been the worst of my dogs for chewing, no matter how many toys she has, she will find something that she knows she shouldn't have and destroy It.

No comments: