Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ranger

Sunday 14th October.

Everything went very well this morning, Ranger slept with me last night and was very good, then this morning he went on his first walk , in this instance with Brewster, Motsi, Kasidi and Lela. Alex and I soon realised there was not going to be a problem so we let Brewster and Ranger off of their leads. They had a good run through the woods and then we came home and repeated the exercise with Raiza and Ruby and unbeknown to me at the time, Mr Smith my cat. Raiza was very interested in Ranger but we sensed not in an aggressive way so we let them off of their leads and they were absolutely fine. Ranger soon became aware that the cat was with us and although he dived at him a couple of times he soon learned that behaviour was unacceptable.

All of the dogs are now in the mud room and Raiza is exhausting himself by constantly playing/mounting Ranger. Castrated dogs have always held an attraction to dogs that are entire and Raiza is no exception, he seems to be in love and is very happy with his new playmate.

So my worries about Ranger coming into our home have, so far have been unfounded, but It is early days and I know from experience that situations can blow up from nowhere. What has pleased me most is Rangers gentle easy going nature.

No comments: