Friday, April 20, 2007

kasisi's puppies

Friday 20th April.

Yesterday Olivia and I set off for Albany airport with Romeo, destination, Memphis. It is about an hour and a half to the airport and most puppies will be sick at some point during the journey, so It is always a worry to me how much I should feed them or if I am to feed them at all. I decided to give Romeo milk and nothing else. As it happened he was the perfect traveler and slept the entire journey on top of a pillow and was not sick once. We offered him food once we reached the airport but he declined. It is always a worrying time when a puppy is being shipped ,but experience with my last litter taught me that the puppies manage well and do not seem too traumatised by the experience. Feedback from Romeo's new family suggests he took it all in his stride and settled in remarkably quickly. I do have some lovely photographs which hopefuly will appear on the website later on today. Kind permission from Terri will be sought first. Romeo is now known as Max.

As for the remaining puppies, they are now enjoying the long overdue sunshine and spent nearly 6 hours outside yesterday. Mark doesn't know this, but I am watching Caesar and Phebe very closely. Ariel leaves with her new family next weekend and will spend her time between New York and Los Angeles, yet again, a glamourous lifestyle.

The big dogs are enjoying the warmer weather too, I really love this time of year as the dogs are so easy to take care of, as long as they have been for a long walk in the morning they will happily bask in the sun all day.

No comments: