Monday, April 2, 2007

Kasidi's puppies

Monday 2nd April

We had a blast of warm sunshine earlier and so I took advantage and let the puppies frolic outside and It was just perfect. What is lovely, is, Kasidi can enjoy her puppies without them making demands on her as they have finnaly come to realise the milk bar is closed.

Kasidi is really a big puppy herself sometimes and she has taken to playing with the puppies toys to the extent where she takes them away and keeps them for herslf. It is rewarding to see her with her pups, she had such a tough time with her first litter and for a while I intended not to breed from her again but this time everything has gone textbook perfect.

The one I have to watch is Angela the pot belly. I am very disappointed to say that on several occasions she has been very naughty and snapped at them, whereas Wilbur is a peach. He was fabulous with Lela last year as she was growing up, our original concerns soon evaporated as we watched them play together almost daily and they still have a good relationship now.

I will take advantage of the bursts of sunshine as our forcast is going to deteriorate and we are to expect snow showers by Thursday and temperatures in the mid 30s during the day. I cannot express in words politely how I feel about this as my body is crying out for serious heat. I'm sure we had decent weather this time last year.

As I put the rubbish out for collection this morning, six huge garden sacks were filled with soiled paper from the puppies. I am just relieved It is picked up with no questions asked as I would not like to face the prospect of burning it all.

I have registered the litter today and it took a total of 5 minutes online to complete. Why has it taken me so long to do it. It really was very simple.

My next task is to find official names for the puppies as I do like to use my afix with every puppy. I usually trawl African name websites and find meanings I feel are appropriate to each individual puppy.

Any suggestions are welcome though!

No comments: