Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Kasidi's puppies

Wednesday 11th April

People always ask me "how can you part with the puppies" and I always reply, "there comes a time when It becomes impossible to give each individual puppy the attention they crave and deserve". That time is now. I simply cannot give them the one on one they need and because I know I have wonderful families for the puppies to go to It makes It a lot easier.

I have been busy with my animals today making sure they are stocked with food and water etc as we are to expect up tp 9 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. Very depressing as I know this time last year It was hot but at least I pick up Mark on Friday (thats if his flight is not delayed)

Five pups go to the vets tomorrow for checks and jabs. I held out in the end as we do not vaccinate until 8 weeks back home and I figured there must be a reason for this. I tend to believe the vets advice is not always the best advice when It comes to vaccination. There are some very interesting studies out there that suggests we over vaccinate our pets which suits the drug industries and that auto immune problems can be attributed to over vaccinating. In this months AKC magazine I read about a trial thats about to start re the rabies vaccine. The aim is to hopefully show that the rabies vaccine can provide cover for up to 7 years. I have always believed blood should be taken to show serum antibody levels before re-vaccination. Anyway, more info about this trial can be found at www.rabieschallengefund.org

No comments: