Monday, February 25, 2008

Dogs and things

Monday 25th February.

I am pleased to say everything has now settled down and the dogs are all back together as a pack. No incidents between Brewser and Raiza which is a relief, just grumbles here and there.

I have received a couple of mails today alerting me to the fact that It is the 4th birthday of my second litter between Ruby and Dempsey. One was from the owner of Phoenix, a beautiful boy that I very nearly kept. He is so handsome and has so many of the features I happen to love in Ridgebacks. His most recent photos are on facebook sitting on top of Arthurs seat in Edinburgh. I will try and retrieve them for the website.

I am looking for changes in the girls behaviour that may indicate they are pregnant, Ruby seem to be hungry all of the time but I dare not, at this stage, read too much into that. Kasidi is no different, showing too much interest in the pile of chicken manure left, from me taking advantage of a warm day last week and cleaning them out.

I went to New Jersey last week and met up with two of my puppies, Adia formerly known as Hamlet( Kasidi/ Brewster and Ozzie formerly known as Beckham ( Ruby/Raiza. It is lovely to meet up and monitor their progress.

I am hoping Ken and Lisa will let me use Adia in my breeding programme in the future as he is a beautiful boy, the image of Brewster, but with less dark mask on his face. Lisa has recently sent me lovely pictures of him but I will have to wait for Mark to get home on Friday before they can go up on my website.

This time next week I will be heading to New York for my trip to England and to Crufts. There is a record entry of 230 plus dogs entered this year so It should be fabulous.

No comments: