Monday, February 11, 2008

Dogs and things

Monday 11th February.

It has been a chaotic weekend which has not been helped by most of my family being knocked out by a nasty bug.

I realised yesterday that nothing was going to happen with Lela as she was was positively ferocious towards Raiza's advances. Last night I searched the web seeking likely reasons as to why she behaved the way she did and found this very interesting article.

http://www.wolfhouse.dk/articles/sociobiologyofreproduction.php

AI is perhaps a solution, but one for the future as I think she peaked this weekend. Lela is very submissive and this obviously factored into her refusal to mate with Raiza, especially as she has Ruby and Kasidi, both dominant females in the pack and in season too.

The good news is Kasidi and Raiza had a tie this morning. It came from nowhere as Raiza has been per-occupied with Lela all weekend and he did It with no assistance from me, so the penny has finally dropped.

No comments: