Friday, February 8, 2008

Dogs and things

Friday 8th February.

Well, Its pretty crazy here at the momemt and not quite going to plan, Lela was the first to go into season but It was Ruby that peaked first, so Raiza is whinning constantly. I'm not sure if we have missed the boat with Lela or Its just that, like her mum, she ovulates late. Judging by Raiza's behaviour with Ruby, It seems unlikely we have missed her time, so fingers crossed.

I realised, as I was trying to walk the dogs this morning that I cannot leave them all with Mark for me to go to Westminster. They were such a handful , Ruby will run off at the drop of a hat given the chance, she really is a little hussy when she is in season, then of course we have to keep the boys seperate, plus we have to keep Motsi out of the way of Raiza too. Yes, Westminster will have to be missed this year which is a shame.

We have all gone down with this horrible bug that is doing the rounds right now. I also have a poorly chicken kept by the fire who I am feeding regularly with a pipette. She doesn't seem to be making much progress but neither is she deteriorating, so again fingers crossed that she will get well. I checked to see if she was egg bound which she wasn't so I really have no idea what is wrong with her.

I am ready for spring now but I suspect it is some way off yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you here! It is always good to know what is going on in "Kaskazini-land"! Someday we hope to come for a visit!
Terri and crew from Memphis