Saturday, July 21, 2007

Ruby's Puppies

Saturday 21st July.

Ruby became quite excited this morning when I got up from drinking my tea, she knew I was getting ready to go out with the dogs and she made it quite clear that she was ready to come too. I didn't think she would come on the entire walk but she did and she had a wonderful time.

I weighed some of the puppies half heartedly today but to be honest, they are so big and plump I do not need the scales to tell me what is obvious, and that is, these puppies are thriving. A couple of the boys are over 2 pounds and the girls are approaching 2 pounds.

Ruby is the best of mothers and my fears of maybe that at 6 she was a little too old have been well and truly laid to rest. She looks very vibrant and healthy and she keeps her pups in impeccable condition. I am pleased to say that her appetite has improved as the pups are clearly are taking a lot from her.

Venus is already showing signs that her eyes will be opening soon, so the other puppies will follow and this, for us , is always an exciting part of their development.

I checked everyone for dermoid sinus again today. Tomorrow the pups will have their nails clipped for the first time as I noticed today they are getting quite sharp.

No comments: