Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ruby's Puppies

Wednesday !8th July.

The puppies are plumping up now and are doing really well as is their mum Ruby. The average weight gain was 5oz. Beckham is the largest puppy at 1.14lb followed by Rooney at 1.13lb. Venus is the smallest at 1.6lb but she has gained 40z in the last 2 days.

The weather has cooled off a little which is much kinder for Ruby.

Ruby remains very fussy about her food which seems to be the norm when my girls have pups and so, she is being fed raw minced beef, chicken, pasta,rice tuna, mackerel and cheese and whatever veg we have left over. Every night Ruby awakens me around 3 am to go out for the toilet. Its amazing, but I hear her feet on the floor the moment she steps out of the whelping box. My problem, is I then find It hard to get back to sleep but never mind.


Ozzy is still profoundly interested in the puppies and ventures into the box whenever he can but I am trying to limit this for the time being although Ruby is very tolerant.

Yes, this is the easy phase of having puppies as mum does all the work, I just spend too much time watching them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad all is well with the new family. We have a 9 month old Ridgeback and have found we love the breed. Looking forward to seeing some pictures :) Way to go Ruby!!

Jennifer