Thursday, May 3, 2007

kasidi's puppies

Thursday 3rd May.

I made a huge decision concerning Brewster last week. He was due to go to the vets to have his anal sacs removed on Tuesday and after much consideration I decided to have him castrated at the same time. From a management point of view It made sense as I have his mother and two of his daughters and I did not want any accidents happening. If we had kennels It would be manageable, but our dogs live with us and it would have been too stressful for all concerned. He has produced two beautiful litters with Kasidi and so now, the baton has been handed to Raiza.

We still have Caesar and Paris and I am holding on to Hamlet until the end of May so It is all go all of the time. Having said that we are really enjoying the pups right now as the weather is glorious and Kasidi is now spending quality time with them. She has become this big puppy herself and is constantly running around with toys in her mouth enticing the pups to chase her.

Ruby should peak next week, so It will be interesting to see how Raiza responds. He still sits on my knee in the evening. In his head he is still a baby but occupying a large body.

Ariel traveled to LA business class on Tuesday and was very well behaved until the food was served and then apparently every one knew there was a puppy on board. Kent, her new owner had to fib about her weight as she was a couple of pounds over the limit. Her new name is very posh. She is now known as Lucinda.

We have not named Phebe yet but we all like Hermione, I wanted to call her Niamah, pronounced Neev, but non of the children would contemplate this so I had to relent.

My friend in the UK and Kasidi's breeder has named her new puppy Khaos, which we all love. I might have to muster up the courage to ask Liz if we can use it also as It is a superb name for a Ridgeback.

No comments: