Sunday, May 4, 2008

puppies

Sunday 4th May.

I love my puppies, all 21 of them. They consume my every day but I just adore them. It is an endless task of making sure they are clean, well fed , happy and have an endless supply of cuddles. What is so amazing is how easy It has been for the two litters to converge as one and even the mums are happy to nurse whoever comes to the milkbar. Kasidi is now the supermum as she just loves to attend to all 21 of the pups whereas Ruby has to be coerced into the utility room and has a face which when she is feeding can only be described as sour. I do separate the mums at night by dividing the utility room as I feel It is only fair.

People always ask me If It is easy to say no to some of the puppy inquiries that I receive and I always have the same answer which is no. I love my puppies so much that I will never let them go to a home that I am not entirely comfortable with and so It makes the job of saying no very easy.

Kodak is doing very well, I always make sure he is on a prime teat and watch over to make sure he is not pushed off by a bigger puppy. I also hand feed him raw minced beef as a top up.

I wormed all of the pups again on Friday night along with both mums. I do believe worming is the most important thing a breeder can do for the welfare of the pups. One must always assume they are riddled and work from there.

My friends bull who Ihave on loan was really sick a couple of weeks ago and It transpired he was just riddled with worms. I regularly worm all of my animals, cats, dogs, cows and pigs to support healthy living. I also frontlined my cats yesterday and will do the dogs when the pups are a little older. It costs a small fortune but It really is a necessity.

I bought a new lampshade for Lela as Motsi was licking at her wound and now the number one priority is to stop Motsi chewing this one.

We will add some new pics of the pups tonight on the website to show how they cuddle in together. One mass of delicious Rhodesian Ridgeback puppies.

No comments: